NutriGenie Kidney Disease Nutrition for Windows
This program is based on U.S. Surgeon General's and National Institutes
of Health's guidelines for kidney disease dietary management.
Proper nutrition can help patients feel better, prevent complications
and slow the disease progression. NutriGenie Kidney Disease Nutrition
serves the specific needs of ESRD patients and allows them to conveniently
monitor the protein, phosphorus, sodium, potassium, calcium and
fluid contents of their diet.
The program has the sophisticated NutriGenie
technology and unique USDA Food Pyramid analysis. It is an essential
tool for any health professionals and a perfect companion to The
MAYO CLINIC Renal Diet Cookbook.
Renal diet advice from the National Institute of Diabetes and
Digestive and Kidney Diseases:
When choosing foods, you should remember to:
- Eat balanced amounts of foods high in protein such as meat and
chicken. Animal protein is better used by your body than the protein
found in vegetables and grains.
- Watch the amount of potassium you eat. Potassium is a mineral
found in salt substitutes, some fruits, vegetables, milk, chocolate,
and nuts. Too much or too little potassium can be harmful to your
- Limit how much you drink. Fluids build up quickly in your body
when your kidneys aren't working. Too much fluid makes your tissues
swell. It also can cause high blood pressure and heart trouble.
- Avoid salt. Salty foods make you thirsty and cause your body
to hold water.
- Limit foods such as milk, cheese, nuts, dried beans, and soft
drinks. These foods contain the mineral phosphorus. Too much phosphorus
in your blood causes calcium to be pulled from your bones. Calcium
helps keep bones strong and healthy. To prevent bone problems,
your doctor may give you special medicines. You must take these
medicines every day as directed.
NutriGenie renal diet software allows users to monitor the intakes
of all of the above critical components in their diet: protein,
potassium, water, sodium, phosphorus, calcium. Many renal care and
research centers use NutriGenie renal diet software. A small sample
is listed below:
Acknowledgement: We would like to thank Dr. Vikki McCleary
of the University of North Dakota School of Medicine and Health
Sciences for reviewing the software and for making valuable enhancement
suggestions which have been implemented in this version of the program.
- Database: 8,000 items plus user's own food database.
- Analyses: RDA, calories, protein, carbohydrate, total
fat, calcium, phosphorus, sodium, potassium, water, USDA Food
- Features: weight log, diet history, blood pressure log,
cholesterol profiler, weight control planner, body mass index,
caloric need and caloric expenditure calculators, target heart
rate calculator, caloric and nutrient distribution analyzer, search
and sort capabilities, NutriGenie auto menu generator.
- Other: This package includes Omega-3
Counter at no extra charge.
- Resources: latest publications
about kidney diseases, nutrition, etc. and related websites
- Price: $89
- Pay with PayPal:
- Please download free trial software for evaluation before purchasing because software is not returnable.