This is a partial image (lower left quadrant) of the Optimal Nutrition
From left to right, top to bottom:
- Glycemic Index analysis: 41% of diet's calories are from low
GI foods, 15% and 23% from medium and high GI foods respectively.
21% of calories are from foods unassigned to any GI categories.
- Food Guide Pyramid analysis: the diet is well balanced.
- Daily Diet Quality: see Diet Quality Analysis
for complete info.
- Nutrient list: the software analyzes the contents of nearly
30 nutrients. Except for the 3 macro-nutrients Protein, Carbohydrate
and Total Fat, the user can choose to display all, some or none
of the other nutrients. Similar flexibility is available for printing.
- Food: the selected food item in current meal has low GI rating,
almost 70% of its calories are from protein, nearly 30% from fat
and little from carbohydrate (each gray or white block represents
10%). Two units of this food item (2.0 u.) are consumed. The calorie
intake is 121 Calories which requires 13 minutes of tennis to
dispose of. Protein, carbohydrate and total fat weights are 17,
1 and 4 grams, respectively.
- Meal and Day: numerical and bar graph analyses similar to Food.
- Goal: the numerical values are percentages of RDAs that the
diet contains. These values are converted to color coded bar graphs
for ease of evaluation: green means within acceptable range, yellow
below, magenta above and red well above.
Screenshots from Mother of All Diets
Nutrient Distribution and Detailed Food
Guide Pyramid Analysis Screenshots